This is a tough time for us both because we have been through similar surgery before in 2005 at the old Middlesex Hospital and we know what is involved. It will be hard for me to face going down the steep valley of a big operation once again, but it will also be tough on Diane staying in a hotel in central London for the duration. At least we know the area well after more than 50 visits there for treatment in the last five years, and we know that a lot of you will be praying for us at that time and before.
Speaking of prayer, there are a few practical requests for prayer at this point. Please pray:
- for pain to come under control (the recent celiac plexus block has not worked)
- that I will not have any of the serious attacks of cholangitis prior to surgery
- that the op will not spark off another acute attack of pancreatitis
- that the surgery will go ahead on the due date or before
- that the surgery will be successful
- that God will provide the place for Diane to stay and the needed resources
- that we will both keep the faith and dignify the trial by trusting God throughout.
It's great to be linked with you through the amazing network of the Web and to know that we are not alone in this ongoing nightmare. Sometimes people ask me how I go on being a Christian when so much trouble has come our way. The only answer I have for them is the words of St Peter 'where else can we turn Lord, You alone have the words of eternal life'.
If you have not yet read either of my books, 'Braving the Storm: survival tactics' or 'Storm Force: winning the battle for the mind' then click on the links to the left and get hold of a copy today.