Saturday, July 04, 2020

'I was in constant agony'

 My story was featured in this month's edition of Christianity magazine in the UK. It is about my most recent book, 'Through the Storms: a manual for when life hurts' and takes a look back at the 22 years long odyssey of pain and hospitalisation that lies behind it. The magazine also says a lot about the recent anti-racism rallies around the globe, and I found its approach to be refreshing and well-balanced, even though I'm sure some will disagree.

I hope, though, that in telling my story I am doing more than simply marketing a book. At least four people told me last weekend that they are reading Through the Storms and finding it both challenging and helpful. Above all, I want it to bring glory to God and show people his amazing love. Faith is not always a procession of glorious successes. It is often written in what Winston Churchill called 'blood, toil, tears and sweat'. If you feel that your own faith is failing you in this current pandemic crisis, then can I encourage you to get hold of books like mine, and magazines like Christianity, which may help you to just get through. You only get a testimony when you have been through a test, and maybe one day your own story will be a help or encouragement to someone else.

You can also hear a recording of the full interview with the editor of Christianity magazine, Sam Hailes, on Saturday 11th July on Premier Christian Radio, the Profile at 8pm or download the Profile podcast from https://www.premierchristianradio.com/Podcasts .