Thursday, February 27, 2020

Storm lessons on air and in print

Today's Health and Wellbeing section of the Guernsey Press featured my book Through the Storms; a manual for when life hurts. In addition, tomorrow morning, Friday 28th February, at 11am I will be on the JKT chat show on BBC Radio Guernsey to talk about the book. I don't like the self-promotion that goes along with all this publicity but I do want my book to be in the hands of people who need it.

As I recorded another interview this afternoon with a UK station I found myself almost overwhelmed with gratitude that I am still alive and able to share my story. The interviewer was from a part of the UK that has been inundated with flood waters during recent stormy weather and once again I felt for the dear folk affected. Storms are no respecter of status, education or ability, but strike all of us at times we are probably least expecting. Certainly that was my experience, and I just hope that this book, now fully published, will give hope, encouragement and comfort to many.

Once again, you can order it here online at Amazon.co.uk where you can get the paperback or Kindle versions. Alternatively, try your local bookstore. In Jersey there are some at Waterstones in St Helier, and in Guernsey at the Lexicon bookshop. If you want a signed copy then email me at throughthestorms750@gmail.com and I will gladly send you one.