Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Flying High!


This is the aircraft in which I have just been up and about in for a free flying lesson. It was given to me as a gift by a very kind friend in the church that I attend. What fun! The temperature was around the 25 degree C mark and we were flying into a thunderstorm, but it was amazing. The instructor, Frank, let me fly the plane around in the air, up and down and banking turns etc and then, he allowed me to land it. I am amazed that he risked the mirth of his colleagues who may have been watching our approach as it left a lot to be desired. Still, we got down.

Of course I'm not fooling myself. I know that if Frank hadn't been there, or if something had happened to him, I could not have successfully landed that aircraft. He was the guiding hand, the encouraging voice, and the one who could have baled me out of trouble at any point. I'm so glad that in life Jesus is my instructor too. He does not seem to do a lot sometimes, but I'm not fooling myself, I couldn't make it without Him. His guiding hand and encouraging voice are so important to me, but the knowledge that His skill is always at my side is vital.

What an experience.